SpinDizzyCon is GO! [update 2] ~ Morticon
Date: 2018-09-08 07:15 PM
As we have about 15 people saying they are potentially interested in attending SpinDizzyCon, I figured it's worth giving it a go! I'd like to stick to a medium-sized convention, as that makes it easier to get rooms and find places to hang out without it being overcrowded. This year I attended MegaPlex and I think it meets the requirements nicely, so I picked it as the venue. Here's some bullet points (duck!):
* Dates: August 9 - 11, 2019, in Orlando, FL.
* Pre-reg opens January 15th, 2019. Hotel room block opens January 22nd, 2019.
* Flights to Orlando, FL are numerous and not too expensive.
* The hotel rooms are relatively affordable and all-suite. Not a chain hotel, so you can't get points, sorry.
* The overflow hotel, should it be needed, is a short walk to the convention.
* There is a large restaurant district not too far away.
* If you wanted to see Disney World, it is literally next door.
* The convention will take over most of the hotel (up to 2 out of the 3 room towers, plus the hotel convention center).
* They will supposedly have an escape room this year.
* Dedicated socialization room (the 'Zoo', probably just an open room with tables), where we could meet up.
* Board game room.
* Their charity, C.A.R.E. Foundation, brings exotic rescue animals for people to pet and see. This year I got to hold a Coati, for instance.
* The con has a little bit of everything, though it may not have everything you're used to at the larger cons. To see events from this year, check https://megaplex2018.sched.com/
* All public areas and most events are family-friendly.
And now the disclaimer bullet points:
* 'SpinDizzyCon' is not an actual con, just a gathering of SDers at a larger furry convention.
* I cannot guarantee you will have a good time.
* No one specifically is being invited; everyone is welcome to attend.
* Everyone has to get their own tickets, rooms, flights, etc. I cannot help you with those. You can share a room with someone(s) if you like to reduce costs, of course.
* The only specific activity for us is just meeting up casually. We can hang out with each other as much or as little as we like.
Feel free to contact me with questions.
NOTE: The official board for this is at N0 W2. Head on over and 'sdsubscribe' to get updates!« Prev: 9. Streaming Server Next: 11. Support for unencrypted connections ENDING on 03/15/19 »